Kyu P Designs Free Range
Specialised Mid length – Speed Machine – Hotdogger
Key design points:
- Available from 6’6” to 7’6”
- Mid weighted smooth loose feel.
- Rolled rail to single concave front.
- Vee blended to drive tail.
- Wide point forward of halfway mark.
- Lighting fast flat rocker with single concave.
- Rolled, rounded square nose.
- Speed machine hotdogger.
- Transitional measured flex.
- Transitional, rolled to tucked edge rails.
- Flat diamond tail.
- Single raked, flex into drive fin.
- Very fast and loose with down the line speed.
The Free Range is an utter hoot to ride, it’s flat, wide and designed for speed. It has plenty of drive, but doesn’t sacrifice the ability to swoop loose.
With its widest point forward of halfway. The Free range invites front foot drive off the bottom and, in the barrel. While allowing you to throw your weight to the back foot, for tight arching cutbacks. It trims across flat spots easily, and yes for those who can, it even noserides. This board loves being surfed from the middle. It works well on beach breaks, but long steep hollow points are where the Free Range truly comes into its own.
If speed and agility, with that ‘down the line’ single fin smoothness is your thing. Then look no further, the Free Range was designed for you.