Kyu P Designs Tail Feather
Mid length – Performance Tri
Key design points:
- Available from 6’10” to 7’10”.
- Mid weighted, light and loose feel.
- Chimed rail to single concave front.
- Blended twin concave to release vee back.
- Wide point through centre.
- Fast flat subtle rocker.
- Chimed, pulled snub nose.
- High speed carver hotdogger.
- Minimal subtle flex.
- Transitional chime to tucked edge rails.
- Box square tail.
- Tri fin.
- Fast trim, carving with hold, or controlled drift.
- Quick and easy to paddle.
The Tail Feather is a sweetly balanced design fusion of a performance board with a mid-length. It’s fast and surprisingly agile, a very lively board for its size. The Tail Feather possesses an enticing mix of carve, drive and controlled release where it counts.
Those who understand this style of board will find they can drive and carve The Tail Feather hard then release it quickly, or create a smooth mix of both with easily controlled drift. Load up full blown carves, pivot it on the spot, or surf it from the middle smoothing it out all the way. Trim quickly and smoothly to the next section in small waves, or pop stretch five tube rides and nose ride it, if you're good enough. It’s is a highly versatile board for most levels of experience.
The bottom line with The Tail Feather is pure unadulterated fun, and lots of it.